Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Blu Disposable Electronic Cigarette

During a routine visit to my local Hess gas station, I stumbled upon the Blu Disposable Electronic Cigarette - Classic Tobacco flavor. Back when I started vaping, these were what got me started. While I was there the Lorrilard Tobacco rep was there, and gave me a free Blu Disposable. I decided to take this opportunity to throw a fresh review from a veteran vaper up here.

After opening, the first thing I noticed was the size of the cartomizer and battery had grown from when I experienced them a ways back. I also noticed that Blu now has their juice made by Johnson Creek. I had had Johnson Creek when I first started and hated it, and thought "This should be interesting...".

When I took my first drag, I was quite surprised. The flavor wasn't all that bad for a tobacco flavor, and the vapor was pretty decent. At that point I whipped out my phone, and grabbed up a click counter app, and started to count away the drags, with each drag to the cut off of the device, which was 6 seconds. I puffed away on the Blu until the vapor was starting to taste burned, which was in total about 3 hours. In those 3 hours, I was able to cram in 72 puffs.
Battery and Cartomizer Sleeve, and innards.


After those 72 puffs, I still had battery life left, but not much in the way of e-liquid. So, being the curious tinkerer that I am, I decided to rip apart this Blu e-cigarette. The tear down started with ripping the battery sticker wrapper off to reveal a single metal sleeve. Once unwrapped, I proceeded to pop off the fake cherry that lights up blue when a drag is taken to find a small circuit board that houses the blue light and sensor for the automatic battery. I was able to use a small flat head screwdriver to pry out the innards that revealed a 1.00 Wh battery and the cheap plastic that contained the coil assembly and wick material for the juice.




























At this point that you see in the photo, I fully expected to open the wicking material up and see a standard vertical coil, or a horizontal coil at the bottom of the tube. Upon opening I did find a horizontal coil, but it was in a different position than the traditional horizontal coils, it was well.. in the middle of the air tube, surrounded by a wrap of silica wick, and the wicking material.

Yes, that is the coil in the middle of the air tube.
I won't bore you all with more tear down photos, but will conclude with this: The Blu Disposable Electronic Cigarette is over priced a bit considering the make up of parts at $9.99 for 72 puffs. I will give it credit for battery life, e-liquid flavor, and vapor! This may be the gateway for many vapers, but my advice is this: If you are a smoker, and are interested in harm reduction, please go to CASSA.org , and explore the options of harm reduction. In my experience, electronic cigarettes are NOT a smoking cessation method, but a healthier alternative. Do your research, get a good kit, and get support from the many e-cigarette forums on the web.

That's all for now from NH... Live Free and Vape!


18 comments:

  1. buy the best Electronic Cigarettes kit for Cheap herbal Ecstacy Products are a healthier alternative to tobacco cigarettes and they are cool because these cigarette substitutes do not contain any nicotine ,)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lights up blue when a drag is taken to find a small circuit board that houses the blue light and sensor for the automatic battery. I was able to use a small flat head screwdriver to pry out the innards the best ecig

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took the whole thing apart, just to see. The battery part wrapped inside of whatever it was wrapped it began quite prolifically spitting smoke. anyone care to tell me what and why?? please & thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  4. At that point I whipped out my phone, and grabbed up a click counter app, and started to count away the drags, with each drag to the cut off of the device, which was 6 seconds.disposable electronic cigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy to read your blog and will be waiting for your next update.I appreciate all the work you put into this site, helping out others with your fun and creative works.
    Best RDA Clone

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article ...Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.
    Eliquid Wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  7. i read a lot of stuff and i found that the way of writing to clearifing that exactly want to say was very good so i am impressed and ilike to come again in future.. ecig SEO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing. Disposable E-Cig Vaporizers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Considering the mode from the move cantor, It truly is a great impressive clients. There's no spot pertaining to mediocrity. You need to indoctrinate most of your uprising buyers in order to reciprocate the clients. You cannot lull for your minimum amount, deleterious in order to touch your pleasures wouldn't it hauls for you whilst that happens in order to enlightenment matchless contingencys. Mumbai university engineering

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your blog is very powerful to me. We have hope that u can keep up the good job. JEE coaching class in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  11. That make up return made my smirks teary since my amateur premonition the archetype singing, detrimental absolutely consequently it is too well written for the 6 grader, on the alternative fist similarly--assist flavorless strenuous importantly--so in the raining nexus everywhere a preteen plus an juvenile appropriate resonant considers. best buffet in dubai

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post nice post, thanks for sharing

    Fogg vape

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do this hack to drop 2 lbs of fat in 8 hours

    Well over 160,000 women and men are using a simple and secret "water hack" to burn 2 lbs every night while they sleep.

    It's scientific and works with anybody.

    Here's how to do it yourself:

    1) Go get a drinking glass and fill it half full

    2) And then do this awesome hack

    so you'll become 2 lbs lighter in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. Double trouble 2in1 Disposable Device

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leaside vape storeHello to the Leaside community, We are excited to launch our store in the beautiful Leaside neighborhood to serve your vaping needs. More so, to help you quit smoking providing you with the latest, cost effective and constantly innovated technology. We follow the necessary Covid-19 safety protocols in line with Health Canada and our store is open. Stay safe and drop by for some great new deals!

    ReplyDelete
  16. At Vape Cave, we strongly believe in making your vaping experience personalized and unique by catering to all your vaping needs and making it a one-stop shop for you. To enhance your vaping experience, we offer a wide range of e-juices, vape kits and accessories, which are carefully sourced by our personnel with hands-on knowledge of the vaping industry. Whether you are looking to quit smoking or just a vaper already, head over to our store and let us take care of the rest!Newmarket vape store

    ReplyDelete